The Directorate of Administration is directly responsible for the execution of administrative policies contained in the Public Service Rules and circulars from the Ministry of Interior, Offices of the head of service and secretary General of the Federation.
This Charter intends to publish the necessary information for the following customers of the Directorate;
- National Assembly
- Staff of the Corps
- Nigeria Public
To bring credulity into the whole concept of administration through modern technology thereby restoring the much needed efficiency, integrity and productivity in service delivery all through the year.
Ensuring strict compliance to administrative polices as contained in the Public Service Rules with zeal to excel in personnel management, policy formulation and discipline of the corps
The services rendered by the Directorate are as follows:
- Assisting the Commandant General in the efficient administration of the Corps
- Enlightening, Monitoring and directing Corps members on the administrative polices as it relates to the day to day activities of the organization.
- Liaising with the Civil Defence, Immigration and Prisons Board for the regularization of appointments of officers on GL07-17.
- Processing promotion, confirmation of appointments and request for transfer/postings.
- Handling of disciplinary cases in the Corps and passing same to the Board.
- Preparation and updating of the Corps Nominal Roll.
- Conducting staff audit/authentication of staff appointment letters.
- Handling all aspects of staff welfare.
- Handling all sport matters
- Coordinating the Corps training requirements as well as implementing approved training programmes
- Facilitating payments to the National Housing Fund.
- Liaising with Primary Mortgage Institutions (PMI) to facilitate loans for the Corps members to enable them purchase houses.
- Making uniforms for the staff of the Corps.
- Ensuring general cleanliness/maintenance of proper hygiene in and around the office complex.
- Ensuring proper waste management via the Environmental Protection Board.
- Serving of meetings.
- Overseeing the activities of the Officer